Pages

Monday 22 July 2013

Its Over! How Funke Akindele’s 413-Day Old Marriage Crashed

images


…and another celebrity marriage bites the dust.
After days of speculations and rumours, Nollywood actress Funke Akindele  finally broke the silence on the true state of  her marriage over the weekend…its over!
The former Mrs Oloyede released a press statement to that effect through her spokesperson confirming the end of her marriage to Businessman cum Politician Alhaji Kehinde Oloyede Almaroof thereby putting a rest to the various speculations that had made the rounds in the short week since ex-hubby Kehinde Oloyede let out the break-up bombshell via his Facebook page. Funke’s statement had read:
Dear Friends,
On behalf of our client, star actress, Funke Akindele, we want to formally inform you that after due consultation and consideration, she’s now separated from Mr. Kehinde Oloyede as his wife. She hereby urges her fans and all concerned to pray and wish her the best as she moves on in her career. Kindly note that this is the first and only official statement from Funke Akindele on the matter and will be glad if her wish is respected. Thank you.
Sincerely yours,
Ayo Ola- Muhammed,
Principal Consultant
NEECEE Entertainment.
..onto the next one!
Funke Akindele got married to Alhaji Almaroof in what was unarguably one of the biggest weddings of 2012 but the union had been plagued by speculations and controversies from the get-go. Right after Funke Akindele revealed her groom to be none other than popular Oshodi/Isolo businessman, many were stunned that the very eligible bachelorette had chosen to settle for the popular Oshodi businessman who also happens to be the son of the Iyaloja (Mother of the market) of Oshodi market. Fans and industry watchers theorised that Alhaji Oloyede was no social match for the accomplished actress/producer. No sooner had the couple gotten engaged than the stories of his philandering ways began to hit the media with several quarters claiming that he already had a wife and several children from different women, but the smitten Funke would not bulge and she went on to wed him in a high profile wedding.
The former Mr & Mrs Oloyede on their wedding day
When the going was good…
A few months after their wedding, a new chapter unfolded when it was revealed that a Lagos trader, Modinat Nike Dada was seven months pregnant for Alhaji Almaroof. In an interview on the July issue of Genevieve magazine, Funke had defended her husband claiming that a lot of negative comments came from sadists who wanted to run their mouths. In her words:
“My husband has never been married. I am the woman he got married to. I was married properly. A lot of negative comments came from sadists who want to run their mouths. So because I am a Youth Ambassador or a Celebrity, I can’t have my life?
It is my life. If I do things because people want me to, I will end up unhappy. I do what I do because I want to be happy. I would still continue to teach morals and campaign against HIV/AIDS and enlighten the youths. It doesn’t make me bad; that is even if it is, because I can tell you authoritatively that my husband is not married to anyone else.
Yes, he has beautiful children, who are not mine now and we have a cordial relationship, which dates back to even before we got married. ‘So what if he has kids? Is that a disease? That is where my heart is! I had many non-biological children even before I got married. I take them as my own children, pay their bills and help them. I have always loved children. So now that God has given me these ones, what should I do?
Will people be happier if I had married someone who didn’t have children, seem so perfect, put on my make-p and fake smile on the red carpet and start weeping when I get home? And about my in-laws, they are very wonderful and supportive and my parents and siblings as well.”
Funke and her former in-laws
Nollywood heavyweights at the wedding, L-R: Chioma Chukwu-Akpotha, Ini edo, Desmond Elliot and Genevieve Nnaji
However, no matter how desperately Funke defended her marriage, the speculations just won’t stop and it didn’t help that Funke was never spotted with her man on the red carpet. Sources further allege that she had in fact moved out of her matrimonial home about two months ago. But in what can now be termed as the final showdown, Funke’s (ex)hubby stunned the Nigerian entertainment scene when he took to Facebook to announce the end of the 413-day old marriage sending cyberspace into overdrive mode. When asked why he had chosen to make the announcement via Facebook, Alhaji Oloyede allegedly said he did it to ‘get her attention’, a move that caused the rumour mill to go overdrive.
But speaking with blogger/journalist Stella Dimoko, Funke stated that she bore Mr Kehinde Oloyede no ill feelings and that for now, she’s focused on her career. Excerpts:
Funke how do you feel now that your marriage has ended after just a year? You must be going through a hard time right now. People are laughing at you.
…thank you for calling Stella. First of all let me clarify that I have not replied any sms or spoken to anyone on this development before now and neither have I threatened to sue anyone, I do not know who sent out that sms denying that my marriage is over, that was what necessitated me sending out a press release so as not to confuse the public, especially my fans whom I’m so passionate about. I’ve been unable to pick calls due to my busy schedule on set and I needed to settle down before picking any calls, so you called at the right time. I will address this issue now and thereafter face my career and try to concentrate on the things i have on my plate at the moment…Yes my marriage has crashed. Let the people who are laughing at me continue laughing, my job after all is to make people laugh. Let those who are without sins or mistake cast the first stone. Let them continue judging me. God is the overall judge, he is the one I look up to. 
I am shocked Funke. Why the silence all this while why? Why Facebook?
It’s my private life, I know I am a public figure but I am entitled to some privacy at least. What has happened has happened, No one is beyond mistakes. I will take corrections from this and apply where necessary from now on. I bear Mr Kehinde Oloyede no ill feelings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Total Pageviews

Contact us

you can contact us by sending an email to entermixgist@gmail.com and for advert enquiry send us an email entermixgist@gmail.com or call 07062652182

PRESTADS:

About

entermixgist deals with latest entertainment gist,life style,event and campus gist,place your advert with us to reach your target audience we offer Banner Advertisement and text Advertisement for adevert rate and more info contact us at entermixgist@gmail.com